My partial mesh items, especially the micro-miniskirts like Facil, Ava and Eva are some of my best sellers. Unfortunately, a small number of people see the mesh attachment as being too dark, UGH! From what I have gathered, this is a result of just a few settings. I did some experimenting, and have some screenshots and suggestions for you if you experience this problem. I don’t know if this will fix it for everyone, and I hope you can understand that it’s out of my control.
In my test, 3 settings cause/fix the problem.
In this screenshot, you can see the extra-dark attachment. Please see the settings that I point to on the screenshot:
- Preferences > Graphics:
Notice how I have my Graphics Preferences settings on “Low”. This setting has “Basic Shaders” turned off.
- World > Environment Editor > Sky Presets > Lighting
- “Scene Gamma” is at 1.16 in my example. This is not normally a problem, but with Basic Shaders off, it seems to cause the darker attachment.
- The “Ambient” color has a similar effect on the attachment as “Scene Gamma” but I didn’t document that in the screenshot.
So there are 3 possible solutions:
- Turning on Basic Shaders completely fixed the problem for me in all light settings. Setting your graphics to “Mid” (or higher) will activate a few different settings, and turn Basic Shaders on. This will give you better quality in general and allow you to be in different light settings without a problem. If you are running an older computer, or need low settings for some reason, you may not be able to make this adjustment.
- If you need to keep your graphics settings on Low, with Basic Shaders off:
World > Environment Editor > Sky Presets > Lighting
I work very hard to match all attachments to the layers they connect to as well as I can, and I don’t misrepresent my products by Photoshopping out the flaws. Please, please, please don’t leave a negative Marketplace review if you have this problem, it’s completely out of my control.